Billings, MT - Authorities say two people died in a collision between two tractor-trailers and a pickup truck on Interstate 90 in Mineral County.
Montana Highway Patrol Trooper Steve Spurr tells the Billings Gazette the crash happened Friday night near De Borgia.
Spurr says one tractor-trailer driven by a 24-year-old man from Illinois slid off the road. Moments later, the pickup driven by a 28-year-old man from Missoula slid off the road in the same place.
The two drivers were out of their vehicles when the second tractor-trailer driven by a 48-year-old Utah man slid off the roadway and struck them.
The Missoula man was pronounced dead at the scene and the Illinois man died at a Missoula hospital.
Spurr says ice on the road and speed may have been factors.
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods
- Police investigate north Spokane shooting
- WSP responded to 100+ vehicle crashes in Spokane area Wednesday morning
- I-90 over Snoqualmie Pass closed all day, night