HILLSBORO, Ore. - A woman and her boyfriend were arraigned Wednesday on charges they killed two girls who were playing in a pile of leaves in a Forest Grove street.
The 18-year-old woman, Cinthya Garcia-Cisneros, is charged with felony hit-and-run. Her 18-year-old boyfriend, Mario Echeverria, is charged with hindering prosecution.
Police say when they were driving Sunday night they intentionally ran over a mound of leaves and heard a bump.
The accident killed 6-year-old Anna Dieter-Eckerdt and her 11-year-old stepsister, Abigail Robinson.
Garcia-Cisneros said she was afraid to identify herself to police. Her boyfriend is accused of taking the car to a car wash to eliminate evidence.
The Oregonian reports the pair are due back in Washington County Circuit Court next Wednesday
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults