WEST GLACIER, Mont. - Two adults and a child were apparently struck by lightning while hiking on a trail in Glacier National Park.
The man and woman, both 23, and the child were taken to Kalispell Regional Medical Center, where a spokesman said they were in stable condition in the intensive care unit Thursday morning.
A ranger called park dispatchers at about 4:30 p.m. Wednesday to report the apparent strike on the St. Mary Falls Trail on the east side of the park.
Bystanders started CPR and the victims were carried on litters to the trailhead. The child was flown to the hospital while the adults were put on an ambulance. The helicopter returned and picked up the man while the woman continued to the hospital in the ambulance.
- New report says Spokane spends $1M on cops in schools
- Spokane man splits top prize in television reality show
- A robot that picks apples? Replacing humans worries some
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Naked man arrested in community college women's bathroom
- 4 Things to Know for April 28th