PASCO, Wash. - West Nile virus has been detected in mosquitoes tested in Franklin County.
The state Health Department says it's the first sign of the virus this year in Washington.
Only one person in the state became ill from West Nile virus last year and the Health Department believes that person was exposed while traveling outside Washington.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting