BURBANK, Wash. - A 14-year-old Burbank boy was fatally injured in a snowboarding accident at Ski Bluewood near Dayton.
Ski area spokeswoman Brandy Ream told the Tri-City Herald the ski patrol found him injured shortly after noon Saturday at the top of a beginner trail called the Country Road run.
A Life Flight helicopter was requested but unable to respond because of the weather. An ambulance took the boy to Columbia County Hospital in Dayton where he died.
He was an eighth-grader at Columbia Middle School in Burbank.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday