BURBANK, Wash. - A 14-year-old Burbank boy was fatally injured in a snowboarding accident at Ski Bluewood near Dayton.
Ski area spokeswoman Brandy Ream told the Tri-City Herald the ski patrol found him injured shortly after noon Saturday at the top of a beginner trail called the Country Road run.
A Life Flight helicopter was requested but unable to respond because of the weather. An ambulance took the boy to Columbia County Hospital in Dayton where he died.
He was an eighth-grader at Columbia Middle School in Burbank.
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital