BOISE, Idaho - Officials with the Boise National Forest say there are 11 new fires burning Wednesday morning following widespread lightning overnight.
Spokesman David Olson says the fires are each smaller than half an acre and crews are being dispatched to put them out.
He says overnight rain that dampened the area will hold the fires in the morning, but they'll become more active as the day heats up.
Fire lookouts spotted the new fires, and Olson says more fires will likely be reported during the day.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives