SHELTON, Wash. - Searchers from Thurston, Pierce and Mason counties are searching for a 10-year-old boy who disappeared Thursday while picking berries near Lake Cushman in Mason County.
The sheriff's office says the family was camping and Nathan Hernandez was picking berries with his sisters when they lost sight of him. The family searched for him until dark and then called for help.
The sheriff's office says searchers have been using dogs and heat-detecting technology in the overnight search.
- I-90 semi crash closes westbound lanes
- Spokane officer identified in Sunday shooting
- Senator to reporter: "None of your business" when education plan will be ready
- Eastbound Snoqualmie Pass lanes to open at 4 p.m.
- Westbound I-90 reopened at Fourth of July Pass
- Popular alt-right figure Milo Yiannopoulos cancels WSU appearance