VANCOUVER, Wash. - A 19-year-old was sentenced to a year in jail Monday for setting fires in the restroom of the Battle Ground Community Library.
Luke M. Love of Battle Ground pleaded guilty to reckless burning and attempted arson.
Love's lawyer says he has mental health issues.
The Columbian reports Love was being tutored at the library at the time of the fires in November and January because he had been banned from Battle Ground High School for writing a bomb threat on a restroom wall.
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'