VANCOUVER, Wash. - Prosecutors say a Vancouver, Wash., woman who fetched a pistol and pointed it at her then-husband's head after they disagreed during a divorce discussion has been sentenced to more than 10 years in prison.
The Columbian reports that 62-year-old Gayle Bethke pleaded guilty Wednesday in Clark County Superior Court to one count of second-degree attempted murder.
She apologized to her ex-husband, Roger Bethke, saying she was out of control during a drinking binge.
Deputy Prosecutor Jennifer Nugent says the couple disagreed on the night of Sept. 21, 2012, while they were in bed discussing getting a divorce. Roger Bethke was able to wrestle the gun away.
Nugent says the woman then left the house and drove to Skamania County. She was arrested the next day after a pursuit and a five-hour standoff.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line