EVERETT, Wash. - A Snohomish County sheriff's spokeswoman says a 36-year-old Snoqualmie, Wash., woman has died from injuries suffered when she fell at least 100 feet while snowshoeing in the eastern part of the county.
Spokeswoman Shari Ireton said the woman has been identified as Diane Larson.
The woman fell on Saturday afternoon.
Search and rescue units located her Saturday evening and stayed with her and her group until a helicopter arrived to fly her to an Everett hospital.
Larson fell in the Headlee Pass area east of Verlot, Wash.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River