PORTLAND, Ore. - Neighbors discovered a 16-year-old boy apparently shot to death about 3 a.m. Monday in a parked vehicle in northeast Portland's Cully neighborhood.
Police say they don't know the motive for the shooting.
Police say the victim was from the southeastern Lents neighborhood, and his name will be released after an autopsy Tuesday.
Police say neighbors heard gunshots about 1:40 a.m. but didn't call police until more than an hour later when someone saw the body.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday