MARSING, Idaho - A southwest Idaho school bus with 35 children aboard had to be evacuated Wednesday morning when the driver noticed smoke from an electrical short.
Marsing School District Superintendent Norm Stewart says no one was injured in the evacuation that occurred about 7:15 a.m. in downtown Marsing as the bus neared the completion of its 21-mile route.
He says the bus carried students from kindergarten through high school.
Stewart says another school bus picked up the kids within 15 minutes and took them to school.
He says as part of school safety procedures firefighters responded but the electrical short produced mostly just smoke
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car
- Don't leave valuable property in your car