CALDWELL, Idaho - Three southwest Idaho fourth graders officials say planned to try to end the school year early by shooting off fireworks on school grounds have been banned from the school.
Vallivue School District Superintendent Pat Charlton says school workers discovered the plan of the three 10-year-olds on April 11.
Charlton says none of the three students had any intent to hurt anyone, but wanted to set off small devices to start summer vacation early.
Charlton says the three didn't have fireworks, but brought materials to Central Canyon Elementary School in Caldwell that they thought could be made into fireworks.
Still, Charlton says the plan caused enough concern that it warranted banning the kids for the rest of the school year.
The kids will continue to go to school but at a neutral location, such as a library.
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties