CALDWELL, Idaho - Three southwest Idaho fourth graders officials say planned to try to end the school year early by shooting off fireworks on school grounds have been banned from the school.
Vallivue School District Superintendent Pat Charlton says school workers discovered the plan of the three 10-year-olds on April 11.
Charlton says none of the three students had any intent to hurt anyone, but wanted to set off small devices to start summer vacation early.
Charlton says the three didn't have fireworks, but brought materials to Central Canyon Elementary School in Caldwell that they thought could be made into fireworks.
Still, Charlton says the plan caused enough concern that it warranted banning the kids for the rest of the school year.
The kids will continue to go to school but at a neutral location, such as a library.
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march
- Otter orders cybersecurity improvements for Idaho