WESTPORT, Wash. - The human skull found in a crab pot off the Washington coast is being sent to the FBI crime lab at Quantico, Va.
Grays Harbor Undersheriff Dave Pimentel tells KXRO investigators hope to extract DNA, which may lead to an identification.
The partial human skull was found Friday morning in a crab pot about 2 miles off of Westport. The fisherman set the pot the previous week in water 90-to-100 feet deep.
An anthropologist in King County confirmed the skull is human.
Pimentel says nothing else is known about the skull, including how it got into the crab pot.
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity
- New report says Spokane spends $1M on cops in schools
- Spokane man splits top prize in television reality show
- A robot that picks apples? Replacing humans worries some