EVERETT, Wash. - Everett police detectives are investigating a weekend shooting outside an elementary school that injured a male teen.
Officers found the teen on the basketball court with a gunshot wound Saturday night.
Police spokesman Aaron Snell said Sunday that no arrests had been made.
Witnesses told police the victim was with a group playing basketball when another group of 15 to 20 males in their late teens came to the court. Police say a verbal argument turned physical, and the teen was shot.
As officers arrive, the second group of teens left the area. Officers searched for the gunman, and found a handgun in a nearby apartment complex. It's unclear whether the gun was used in the shooting.
Snell said Sunday the teen survives but did not elaborate on his condition.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position