BEND, Ore. - Searchers say a 21-year skier missing on Mount Bachelor has been found after spending the night in the snow.
He was reported in good condition.
The Bend Bulletin reports that 21-year-old Ryan Melrose Deyoung was well beyond the boundary of the ski area when search and rescue teams found him late Monday morning.
Lt. Scott Shelton, the county search coordinator, confirmed the rescue and says medics were evaluating Deyoung.
The National Weather Service says the overnight temperature dropped to about freezing where Deyoung was found.
Deyoung has autism. He was reported missing Sunday afternoon after the ski patrol found tracks crossing the boundary and couldn't find the skier.
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march
- Otter orders cybersecurity improvements for Idaho