BEND, Ore. - Searchers say a 21-year skier missing on Mount Bachelor has been found after spending the night in the snow.
He was reported in good condition.
The Bend Bulletin reports that 21-year-old Ryan Melrose Deyoung was well beyond the boundary of the ski area when search and rescue teams found him late Monday morning.
Lt. Scott Shelton, the county search coordinator, confirmed the rescue and says medics were evaluating Deyoung.
The National Weather Service says the overnight temperature dropped to about freezing where Deyoung was found.
Deyoung has autism. He was reported missing Sunday afternoon after the ski patrol found tracks crossing the boundary and couldn't find the skier.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives