SALEM, Ore. - When a Salem woman found her pet bearded dragon floating unconscious in his pool she immediately started CPR with chest compressions and blowing air into the lizard's mouth.
Sherrie Dolezal hung her 3-year-old pet upside down to clear water from his mouth and before long he opened his eyes and started to move.
The 62-year-old who calls herself the Reptile Rescuer also keeps 21 other lizards at her home.
She told Statesman Journal when she put her beloved Del Sol in his pool Tuesday she forgot to put rocks in so he could climb about. When she came back he was floating face up so she started resuscitation.
- Preparing for potential flooding
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods