SALEM, Ore. - When a Salem woman found her pet bearded dragon floating unconscious in his pool she immediately started CPR with chest compressions and blowing air into the lizard's mouth.
Sherrie Dolezal hung her 3-year-old pet upside down to clear water from his mouth and before long he opened his eyes and started to move.
The 62-year-old who calls herself the Reptile Rescuer also keeps 21 other lizards at her home.
She told Statesman Journal when she put her beloved Del Sol in his pool Tuesday she forgot to put rocks in so he could climb about. When she came back he was floating face up so she started resuscitation.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives