BOISE, Idaho - A 31-year-old Mountain Home man has been charged with vehicular manslaughter and driving under the influence after a crash that killed his 2-year-old son.
The Idaho Statesman reports that authorities filed the charges Wednesday against Lawrence Lutton.
Idaho State Police say that on May 23 Lutton lost control of his vehicle while rounding a curve on Arrowrock Road, a narrow two-lane dirt road.
The vehicle hit an embankment, overturned and went into Arrowrock Reservoir.
Riley Lutton died three days later at a Boise hospital. He had been strapped into a safety seat. A 5-year-old brother survived.
Authorities report that Lawrence Lutton had a blood-alcohol content of 0.092, above the legal limit of 0.08.
He's scheduled to be arraigned on Aug. 11.
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties