GRANTS PASS, Ore. - A Romanian princess is apparently among several people who have been arrested in Eastern Oregon in connection with an alleged cockfighting ring.
Indictments unsealed Thursday in federal court in Portland charge 60-year-old Irina Walker and her husband, 67-year-old John Wesley Walker, with hosting cockfighting derbies and illegal gambling at their ranch outside the small Morrow County town of Irrigon.
The Oregonian newspaper identifies Irina Walker, also known as Irina Kreuger, as a daughter of the last king of Romania. Personnel records show her husband was a Coos County sheriff's deputy until 2003.
The Walkers and four other people are to be arraigned in federal court in Portland on Friday on charges of operating an illegal gambling business.
Twelve others from Oregon and Washington face lesser charges.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting