PAYETTE, Idaho - A confederate flag has been permanently covered over after a previous cover up began to fade, sparking criticism.
KBOI-TV reports that Payette Principal Mark Heleker says the flag was painted last year and titled "Murica" by seniors wanting to show their rebellious nature. The school left the flag until January, when neighbors complained that the painting was less about rebellion and more about hate speech.
But since January the flag as begun to remerge from beneath the white paint and neighbors are again complaining about the symbol.
The flag has once again been covered and Heleker says it should not remerge again.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults