POULSBO, Wash. - A pilot was seriously injured when his small plane crashed in a rural area of Poulsbo, but he was still able to call 911 for help.
Scott Wilson of the Kitsap County sheriff's office told KOMO the plane went down sometime after 4 p.m. yesterday. The plane, an Aerocoop two seater, ended up upside down in an empty field.
Wilson said the pilot called 911 himself. He was treated at the scene and then airlifted to Harborivew Medical Center with serious injuries.
Wilson said it's too early to know what caused the crash.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday