HAMILTON, Mont. - A Bitterroot National Forest firefighter who was missing for about 24 hours is recovering at a Hamilton hospital while forest officials try to determine how he went missing.
Forest spokesman Tod McKay says 30-year-old Justin Wall was found walking along a remote Forest Service road on Monday afternoon, a day after he failed to keep up with seven other members of a crew hiking in to mop up one-acre, lightning-caused fire. He had helped fight the fire on Saturday.
Wall was found on Monday several miles from the site of the fire in very rugged, steep terrain.
McKay says Wall told searchers that he was really hungry.
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car