BELLEVUE, Wash. - Investigators say a King County sheriff's deputy was impaired by multiple prescription drugs when he was found slumped over the steering wheel of his patrol car on New Year's Eve in a Newcastle parking lot.
The three-month investigation was conducted by Bellevue police who had a blood sample tested at a lab in Pennsylvania. It found the presence of multiple prescription drugs that are dispensed with warnings against operating machinery or vehicles.
The King County prosecutor's office will decide whether to charge the deputy.
The 46-year-old is a 15-year veteran who also faces an internal investigation.
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity