BILLINGS, Mont. - A state judge says a lawsuit over protections for eagles and other birds living adjacent to a wind farm near the Canada border should be heard in Montana.
San Diego Gas & Electric has accused the developer of the 126-turbine Rim Rock wind farm of concealing the risks the project poses to birds.
Spain-based wind power developer NaturEner says SDG&E simply wants out of an unfavorable contract to buy power credits from the project. SDG&E also wants to cancel a pledged $245 million investment.
The two sides have filed dueling lawsuits, with SDG&E trying to have the matter heard in California court.
Montana District Judge Brenda Gilbert ruled on April 25 that Montana is the proper venue because of Rim Rocks' economic importance to Glacier and Toole counties.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives