LEWISTON, Idaho - Law enforcement officers, divers and a boat equipped with sonar are searching the Snake River west of Clarkston, Wash., after receiving information that a body might be in the river.
Latah County Prosecutor William Thompson Jr. told the Lewiston Tribune on Thursday that it was his understanding that the search is related to several missing person cases in the Lewiston-Clarkston Valley.
Thompson declined comment when asked if the search may be for the body of Rachael Anderson, a Clarkston woman who was last seen in April 2010. Her estranged husband, Charles A. Capone, and David C. Stone face trial next year on murder charges.
Capt. Dan Hally with the Asotin County sheriff's office in Washington has said the public will be notified if the search team finds anything.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives