CHUBBUCK, Idaho - A southeast Idaho police chief says all the information gathered on the accidental shooting death of a 5-year-old girl by another 5-year-old is being turned over to Bannock County prosecutors.
Chubbuck Police Chief Randy Severe tells the Idaho State Journal that it's an ongoing investigation and the report hasn't been made public.
Bannock County Prosecuting Attorney Stephen Herzog says he hasn't seen the report and couldn't say if criminal charges are possible.
But he says individuals have a duty to maintain a home in a manner that's safe for kids.
Noelle Aston Shawver of Blackfoot died July 30 after visiting a home in Chubbuck.
Police say adults were in the home at the time of the shooting but were in a different room.
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march
- Otter orders cybersecurity improvements for Idaho