CHUBBUCK, Idaho - A southeast Idaho police chief says all the information gathered on the accidental shooting death of a 5-year-old girl by another 5-year-old is being turned over to Bannock County prosecutors.
Chubbuck Police Chief Randy Severe tells the Idaho State Journal that it's an ongoing investigation and the report hasn't been made public.
Bannock County Prosecuting Attorney Stephen Herzog says he hasn't seen the report and couldn't say if criminal charges are possible.
But he says individuals have a duty to maintain a home in a manner that's safe for kids.
Noelle Aston Shawver of Blackfoot died July 30 after visiting a home in Chubbuck.
Police say adults were in the home at the time of the shooting but were in a different room.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting