GRANITE FALLS, Wash. - A Snohomish County, Wash., search and rescue team has flown a 22-year-old injured hiker off Mount Pilchuck in a helicopter.
Snohomish County Sheriff's Lt. Jeff Brand says the injured man and two companions spent the night on the mountain in the snowline at about the 5,100-foot level because weather prevented a helicopter from approaching on Friday.
Brand say the injured man was flown off the mount around 7 a.m. on Saturday. His companions are hiking down.
The injured hiker has been taken to Providence Medical Center in Everett for treatment.
The man's name and home town were not released.
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car
- Don't leave valuable property in your car