BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho Transportation Department has released a smartphone application intended to help motorists whether it's a morning commute or drive across the state.
The agency on Tuesday made the 511 app available for iPhone and Android phone users.
The app with a map-based interface shows icons indicating road work or road conditions. Taping the icon provides specific information.
The app also links to traffic cameras set up around the state.
The agency says it budgeted $57,000 to develop the app. An upgrade is planned later this year that will offer text-to-speech technology.
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday
- 80-year-old woman dies in northern Idaho house fire
- Mexico club shooting: Spokane woman one of the injured