PAUL, Idaho - A southern Idaho high school student and her two brothers lost six family members when a drunken driver hit the family car in Mexico.
The Times-News reports 19-year-old Jazmin Avila Gomez has been living in the family home in Paul with her 17-year-old brother since the February crash, trying to balance school with two jobs. They lost their mother, older brother, a sister-in-law and three young nieces in the crash.
Another 23-year-old brother was in a coma for two months, and is being cared for at the Burley Care Center.
Avila Gomez says she doesn't know if the bank will let them keep the house. A benefit dinner is scheduled at First Baptist Church in Paul on April 23.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives