HAILEY, Idaho - A central Idaho sheriff is ordering residents of a neighborhood near Hailey to evacuate as a small wildfire presses closer to the community.
The Blaine County Sheriff's office ordered the evacuation of the Croesus Creek neighborhood early Monday morning. U.S. Bureau of Land Management spokeswoman Kelsey Dehoney told The Times-News that there are currently three engines and a hand crew fighting the 200-acre blaze.
Dehoney says crews expect to have the fire contained by Tuesday night.
A message on the Blaine County Sheriff's Office website says residents in the region should only stop to grab family members, pets, important medications and critical documents before evacuating.
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car