IDAHO FALLS, Idaho - Idaho State Police say they have issued 66 citations statewide for texting while driving since the texting ban took effect a year ago.
The Post Register reports that 16 of those citations since July 1, 2012, occurred in Bonneville County. The fine is $81.50.
Idaho State Police Lt. Chris Weadick says officers sometimes have a hard time catching motorists in the act of texting.
But he says at least there is a law and motorists are aware that texting while driving can be dangerous.
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March