IDAHO FALLS, Idaho - Idaho State Police say they have issued 66 citations statewide for texting while driving since the texting ban took effect a year ago.
The Post Register reports that 16 of those citations since July 1, 2012, occurred in Bonneville County. The fine is $81.50.
Idaho State Police Lt. Chris Weadick says officers sometimes have a hard time catching motorists in the act of texting.
But he says at least there is a law and motorists are aware that texting while driving can be dangerous.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home