CALDWELL, Idaho - An Idaho steel worker has died after a 50,000-pound steel beam fell off a forklift and pinned him.
The Canyon County sheriff's office says the accident happened shortly before 11 a.m. at Rule Steel in Caldwell.
Deputies say 53-year-old Roy Frasier of Nampa was trying to move the beam with a forklift when the load shifted and the beam fell. Fellow workers were above to lift the beam off of Frasier, but he died shortly after medical personnel arrived.
The sheriff's office says Frasier's death will be investigated by either the Idaho Industrial Commission or the federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home