RENO, Nev. - The suspected armed robber killed in a gun battle with Reno police outside a casino resort has been identified as a 42-year-old Idaho man who was wanted on drug charges in southern Nevada and had been living in a Reno motel.
The Washoe County Sheriff's Office says Royal Shawn Bingamen of Nampa was pronounced dead at Renown Regional Medical Center Sunday night shortly after he was mortally wounded in front of the Peppermill Resort Spa Casino south of downtown.
The sheriff's office said in a statement Tuesday that the Lincoln County Sheriff's Office in Pioche had issued a warrant for his arrest for narcotics offenses.
Detectives say Bingamen shot a shopper who tried to intervene during a robbery about 5 p.m. Sunday at a CVS Pharmacy. He fled in a truck and led police on a chase, exchanging gunfire before exiting the truck and heading toward the entrance of the Peppermill before he was shot.
No officers were injured. The shopper was treated and released.
- New report says Spokane spends $1M on cops in schools
- Spokane man splits top prize in television reality show
- A robot that picks apples? Replacing humans worries some
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Naked man arrested in community college women's bathroom
- 4 Things to Know for April 28th