IDAHO FALLS, Idaho - A 30-year-old Idaho Falls woman has been given a 90-day suspended jail sentence for taking money from her grandmother and depriving her of medication, food and other necessities.
The Post Register reports Lyndsey Sue Whitney pleaded guilty to misdemeanor abuse of a vulnerable adult. Magistrate Judge Michael Kennedy sentenced her last Thursday to a year of probation and suspended a 90-day jail sentence.
Whitney was arrested in June when the elderly woman told family members about the situation and they reported it to Adult Protective Services. The woman was living with Whitney.
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car
- Don't leave valuable property in your car