BOISE, Idaho - A preliminary list of recommendations created by Gov. Butch Otter's new Task Force for Improving Education shows a focus on recouping lost education dollars and improving the workforce by paying teachers more money.
The Idaho Statesman reports the preliminary list includes a draft recommendation to raise minimum teacher salaries from $31,000 to $40,000 statewide, and to seek to restore $82.5 million in operational revenue that school districts have lost since 2008.
The recommendations aren't final -- task force members are expected to meet Friday to further discuss the list.
The task force was created eight months ago to bring stakeholders together after a stormy education fight that led to the defeat of the Students Come First laws in a referendum last November.
- Ferguson files lawsuit over sexual harassment of farmworkers
- Man ejected from truck found dead at scene
- Escaped inmate located and taken into custody
- 4 Things To Know For April 26
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns