BOISE, Idaho - Former Republican Rep. Mark Patterson of Boise has taken the initial step in filing a lawsuit against Ada County Sheriff Gary Raney after Raney stripped Patterson of his concealed weapons license last year.
The Idaho Statesman reports that Patterson last month filed a tort claim, a precursor to a lawsuit against a public entity.
Raney revoked Patterson's concealed weapons permit in late October for not revealing an attempted rape conviction from 1974.
However, as long as he remained a legislator, Patterson was able to continue carrying a concealed gun without a permit. But he quit the Legislature in January.
Patterson declined to comment.
Sheriff spokesman Patrick Orr says Raney doesn't consider the county vulnerable to Patterson's claim.
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march