BOISE, Idaho - Former Republican Rep. Mark Patterson of Boise has taken the initial step in filing a lawsuit against Ada County Sheriff Gary Raney after Raney stripped Patterson of his concealed weapons license last year.
The Idaho Statesman reports that Patterson last month filed a tort claim, a precursor to a lawsuit against a public entity.
Raney revoked Patterson's concealed weapons permit in late October for not revealing an attempted rape conviction from 1974.
However, as long as he remained a legislator, Patterson was able to continue carrying a concealed gun without a permit. But he quit the Legislature in January.
Patterson declined to comment.
Sheriff spokesman Patrick Orr says Raney doesn't consider the county vulnerable to Patterson's claim.
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties