NAMPA, Idaho - The Canyon County coroner says a southwest Idaho woman found dead in a cornfield died of blunt force trauma to the head.
Authorities made the announcement Tuesday following an autopsy on 36-year-old Selena Dawn Thomas.
Her body was found Thursday near Melba.
Officers began searching in the field after Thomas' boyfriend reportedly told officers he hit her in the head with a hammer then pushed her and caused her to hit her head on a dresser.
Court records say he told investigators he wrapped her body in a sheet, stuffed her into the trunk of her car and buried her in the corn field with the help of three other men.
Alfredo Martin Martinez is jailed on a parole violation but has not been charged in Thomas' death.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday