BOISE, Idaho - A political sign with letters mimicking dripping blood for a candidate for Ada County coroner is drawing praise from some but criticism from others who say it shows a lack of respect for the job.
The sign has candidate Matthew Townsend's name in black block letters on a yellow background, while below is the word `coroner' in dripping red paint on a black background.
The Idaho Statesman reports Townsend put up the sign in his yard in Meridian. Part of the sign is recycled from his losing run for Meridian City Council last fall.
Retiring coroner Erwin Sonnenberg has endorsed his lab supervisor, Robert Karinen, for Ada County coroner.
Mike Chilton is the other candidate contending in the Republican primary.
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital