BOZEMAN, Mont. - A Bozeman woman has been sentenced to five years' probation for abusing the partially paralyzed 63-year-old man who hired her to care for him.
Elsie Evans McEntire previously pleaded no contest to felony elder abuse.
The Bozeman Daily Chronicle reports District Judge Holly Brown sentenced the 53-year-old McEntire Tuesday.
Brown also ordered McEntire to participate in the Treatment Court program.
Prosecutors say the man told police on Sept. 3 McEntire hit him with a fan. She denied it, but said they had been arguing.
Police returned to the mobile home about 35 minutes later after the man said McEntire threatened to kill him with a kitchen knife.
Prosecutors say McEntire was in the back of the trailer, fought with officers and had to be carried to the patrol car.
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties