MISSOULA, Mont. - A Washington state man is charged with shooting another man in a dispute over stolen drugs and leaving him for dead on a back road east of Missoula.
On Monday, 30-year-old Troy Anthony Miller appeared via video in Justice Court in Missoula on charges of attempted deliberate homicide and robbery. His bail was set at $500,000.
Court records say the victim told investigators that he, Miller and Katherine Evans had been staying at a Missoula motel when he asked them to give him a ride downtown on July 16. They drove east on Interstate 90 and exited near Turah.
The victim said the two accused him of stealing money and drugs. Charging documents say Miller forced the man to empty his pockets, kicked him repeatedly and shot him twice before the two drove off.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River