SEATTLE - Police say a homicide victim found in a shopping cart that another man abandoned on a south Seattle street has been identified.
Officer Drew Fowler said Tuesday that police believe Daryl Ford was homeless. Detectives asked for help in identifying areas where he may have camped. The King County medical examiner says Ford died of multiple stab wounds.
A 46-year-old man arrested last Friday for investigation of homicide is being held on $1 million bail, with a court appearance scheduled Thursday. The Seattle Times reports that paperwork found in the shopping card with the body bore the suspect's name and fingerprints on the cart matched him as well.
Witnesses said they confronted a man who had been pushing the cart down a street last Thursday. After the man walked away, the witnesses saw the body, under a pile of clothes with just the feet sticking out.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday