NEW YORK - Amazon wants to make shopping online as easy as a tweet.
The online retailer is introducing a service that lets Twitter users add Amazon.com products to their carts without leaving the social media site.
The service comes as Amazon seeks to make social media a bigger source for sales. Twitter also has been seeking new revenue streams beyond advertising services like promoted tweets.
Under the program, users must link their Amazon.com account with their Twitter account. Then they need to add hashtag (hash)AmazonCart when replying to a tweet that has an Amazon product link and the product will be automatically added to their shopping cart.
Twitter users will get a reply tweet from (at)MyAmazon as well as an email from Amazon when the item is successfully added to their cart.
- Bloomsday Run adjusts to Riverfront Park's redesign
- 4 Things to Know for April 24th
- Post Falls Police search for two young runaways
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school