BOZEMAN, Mont. - A five-vehicle crash south of Ennis in western Montana resulted in eight people being taken to area hospitals.
The Montana Highway Patrol tells the Bozeman Daily Chronicle that the crash occurred about 5:40 p.m. Saturday on Highway 287 near Cameron.
Trooper Ashlin O'Connell says a first and second northbound vehicle slowed to turn left into Cameron, and that a third vehicle rear-ended the second vehicle.
The second vehicle spun into oncoming traffic and was hit by a Jeep pulling a camper trailer. A fifth vehicle was hit by debris.
Three passengers were taken to hospitals in Billings, one by helicopter. Five others were taken to local hospitals to be treated for minor injuries.
O'Connell says three of the vehicles were totaled, and the other two had minor damage.
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods
- Police investigate north Spokane shooting