SPOKANE, Wash. - Fred Meyer employees at the North Spokane store were told Wednesday morning that the store is closing.
The store is on the 500 block of East Francis Avenue.
According to Melinda Merrill with Fred Meyer Public Affairs, the store is closing because it was unable to re-negotiate a lease with its current landlord that would allow it to be profitable.
Each of the 167 employees will be offered a position in other stores around Spokane. Merrill also said all employees will retain their seniority and pay rate.
The store opened in 1975. This will be the first Fred Meyer closure in nearly a decade.
The store will close on Jan. 31, 2013.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting