COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - The Kootenai County Sheriff's Office is investigating reports of a woman being attacked in the parking lot of the Kootenai County Fairgrounds Thursday night.
The 26-year old said she had just finished working at a vendor booth at the fair and was walking back to her car around 8:00 pm. She says two men attacked her from behind and threw her to the ground. According to a news release, "As she was being pinned down by the males, they made statements and actions that led her to believe they were trying to rape her."
The victim says she fought back, screaming and kicking, and five people came to help. As those witnesses approached, the attackers ran away. According to the sheriff's office, she drove home and called her boss, who reported the attack to law enforcement.
She describes one man as white, about 6'3" and 220 pounds with black or brown hair. He was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and jeans and had a full beard. The other suspect was white, about 6'0" tall and possibly 200 pounds. He had light brown hair and no facial hair, described as having a "skinny" face. He was also wearing a black sweatshirt and jeans.
Investigators would like to hear from anyone with information and from anyone who may have witnessed the incident. Call the sheriff's office at 208-446-1300.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River