SANDPOINT, Idaho - A woman, who was armed with a knife, was shot and killed in an officer-involved shooting outside Bonner General Hospital Tuesday night.
At approximately 9:15 Tuesday evening, Sandpoint police responded to the Bonner General Hospital to investigate a woman who had a knife. After officers arrived, the woman came after the officers, and they shot and killed her.
Multiple Sandpoint Police Department officers were involved, but the exact number is not known.
The woman was not a patient at the hospital, but was shot in the parking lot.
The hospital is still fully operational. Officers are expected to be on scene until 5 to 6 a.m. Wednesday.
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car