KELLOGG, Idaho - A Port Angeles man has been arrested on voluntary manslaughter charges after a man was beaten at Silver Mountain Lodge and later succumbed to his injuries.
Kellogg Police responded to the lodge for a reported battery on Friday, Feb. 21, the Shoshone County prosecutor's office confirmed Monday morning. When they arrived they found Eric Crouse, 42, had been assaulted.
Crouse was airlifted to Kootenai Medical Center, where he succumbed to his injuries on Feb. 22.
Brett McCallister of Port Angeles was arrested by police and is being held on a charge of voluntary manslaughter. If convicted, McCallister faces up to 15 years in prison.
An autopsy on Crouse is scheduled for Monday morning and the investigation into the incident is ongoing.
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods
- Police investigate north Spokane shooting