KELLOGG, Idaho - A Port Angeles man has been arrested on voluntary manslaughter charges after a man was beaten at Silver Mountain Lodge and later succumbed to his injuries.
Kellogg Police responded to the lodge for a reported battery on Friday, Feb. 21, the Shoshone County prosecutor's office confirmed Monday morning. When they arrived they found Eric Crouse, 42, had been assaulted.
Crouse was airlifted to Kootenai Medical Center, where he succumbed to his injuries on Feb. 22.
Brett McCallister of Port Angeles was arrested by police and is being held on a charge of voluntary manslaughter. If convicted, McCallister faces up to 15 years in prison.
An autopsy on Crouse is scheduled for Monday morning and the investigation into the incident is ongoing.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives