A Deary volunteer firefighter was hurt battling a wildfire in Southern Latah County Friday morning.
Radio station KQQQ reports the man in his 40s was hurt in a fall while fighting that fire on State Highway 3 on the Kendrick Grade.
The Latah County Sheriff's Office says the man has a head laceration and is having trouble breathing.
He was flown to St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center in Lewiston.
That fire was caused by lightning.
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday
- 80-year-old woman dies in northern Idaho house fire
- Mexico club shooting: Spokane woman one of the injured
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force