A Deary volunteer firefighter was hurt battling a wildfire in Southern Latah County Friday morning.
Radio station KQQQ reports the man in his 40s was hurt in a fall while fighting that fire on State Highway 3 on the Kendrick Grade.
The Latah County Sheriff's Office says the man has a head laceration and is having trouble breathing.
He was flown to St. Joseph's Regional Medical Center in Lewiston.
That fire was caused by lightning.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home