COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - Coeur d'Alene Police Officers and SWAT team arrested a violent fugitive on Saturday night.
Officers responded to 512 Foster Ave. at 11:30 a.m. following reports of a fugitive, Nathan Bussell, residing there.
Bussell was listed on April 8, 2014 as the North Idaho Violent Crimes Task Force Fugitive of the week. He has an outstanding warrant for aggravated battery.
Officers attempted to make contact with Bussell inside the residence. Bussell refused to acknowledge any commands by police to surrender.
At approximately 1:30 p.m. SWAT was contacted to assist in taking Bussell into custody. SWAT officers made entry into the residence after Bussell continued to ignore all commands. At approximately 5:10 p.m. Bussell was located inside the residence and immediately taken into custody without incident.
Bussell was transported to the jail and charged as a felony fugitive from justice and obstructing officers.
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image
- Officer not charged in May 2016 shooting