COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - Police in northern Idaho say vandals caused about $54,000 in damage by smashing windows in 26 classic cars in a collector's wooded backyard.
The Kootenai County Sheriff's Office tells the Coeur d'Alene Press that the owner of the vehicles confronted two young men last week engaged in smashing windows.
Donald R. Martin says the men ran away through the heavily wooded area and he lost sight of them.
Martin says vehicles sustaining damage include a 1937 Packard, a 1966 Volkswagen, and a dozen Cadillacs from the 1950s and 1960s.
Another damaged vehicle is a 1955 Ford Crestline that Martin says he bought brand new.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River